Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Joy," H.H.T.D.L.

That's all I remember he said, "Joy." I was told he said it over, and over, and over. It was his mantra. One that I have adopted, and mumbled often. It was 1992, the publishing company I was designing all of the packaging for had recorded His Holiness The Dalai Lama, and I designed the product:

My partner at the time, who was onsite doing the recording, brought back this prayer card, which H.H. The Dalai Lama had blessed for me!

That was a lifetime ago, but I keep the card in my memory box, and still mutter the mantra: "Joy. Joy." (With a "Happy. Happy." ala Stimpy thrown in.) My whole life makes me laugh — I went from The Dalai Lama to Tony Lama (If you've seen me in person, you've seen my boots... I met my cowboy, Wyatt and MacKenzie's dad, shortly after this package design.


This product for H.H.T.D.L. was part of my realization that I have the passion and the power to, figuratively and literally, package joy. This has moved me to build Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing from the inside out... helping each author experience joy throughout the publishing process while sharing joy with their readers through their books, talks, tweets, and blogs.