Monday, January 25, 2010

Got a Chyron!

"Chyrons" are the words on the bottom of the TV screen. When an author gets her (or his) name on a chyron, it's one of those notch-in-your-bookcase moments. 


Last week, author Jennifer Chambers appeared on our local news discussing LEARNING LIFE AGAIN. I squealed when I saw her book cover dancing across the screen. Jennifer talked about her novel, based on her life as a teen who recovered from a traumatic brain injury.

Here's one from a few months back, Joel Schwartzberg making a funny face – but still, he got a chyron! I loved that the ABC segment on World News Now was "moms get real" featuring a dad author. Joel's book THE FORTY-YEAR-OLD VERSION has taken the divorced-dad market by storm.

And over the holidays I caught Alana Morales on her local TV presenting holiday stress busters. Alana's book DOMESTICALLY CHALLENGED was released in 2005 and is still going strong.

Many of these "screen captures" I shoot with my camera, I've been doing this for years... way before Tivo, even before clips could be found on the web! Peek at our MEDIA PAGE to see all our gals who have received the chyron badge of honor over the last ten years!